A few days ago, the HBO original series “House of the Dragon” wrapped up. This drama series ratings are hot, the word of mouth is not bad, the continuation of the ‘Game of Thrones’ high degree of enthusiasm, but also force the same broadcast ‘The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power’, become the most recent topic of American drama works.
‘House of the Dragon’ Season 1 ten episodes of capacity may make some fans of the show feel a little unfulfilled, may wish to understand the story behind the scenes of the episode, seems to be equally exciting.
01. On October 30, 2019, HBO announced that the ‘Game of Thrones’ prequel ‘Game of Thrones: The Long Night’ starring Naomi Watts was cancelled.
A few hours later, HBO announced another official direct booking for ‘House of the Dragon’. The latter skipped the pilot episode and got the whole season booked directly.
02. Bob Greenblatt, former president of Warner Media, has revealed in his book the reason for skipping the pilot episode and booking the entire season of ‘House of the Dragon’ – Naomi Watts starring in ‘Game of Thrones: The Long Night’ The pilot episode cost HBO $30 million, but the project was cut.
Bob Greenblatt didn’t think the company could afford to take the risk of spending $30 million and then not booking it for the season.
03. ‘Game of Thrones’ series and other two producers and writers David Benioff, D.B. Weiss was invited to participate in the production of ‘House of the Dragon’.
But the two declined the invitation and are currently working on a Netflix version of the ‘The three body problem’ episode.
04.’House of the Dragon’ has a total budget of about $200 million, with a single episode costing about $20 million to produce.
The story of ‘House of the Dragon’ takes place 172 years before the birth of Daenerys Targaryen.
06. The king in ‘House of the Dragon’ is Viserys Targaryen I. The brother of Daenerys Targaryen in ‘Game of Thrones’ is called Viserys Targaryen III.
07. Princess Rhaenyra-Targaryen’s name Rhaenyra means “to be grateful and happy”, and the character’s real personality doesn’t seem to fit.
08. ‘House of the Dragon’ in the Iron Throne and ‘Game of Thrones’ in the Iron Throne is very different, the former closer to the original.
In order to produce the Iron Throne described in the book, the props team from the series ‘The Witcher’ and the film ‘Warcraft’ and other productions borrowed a lot of props sword.
Finally presented in the play Iron Throne and the surrounding swords about 2,500, including a number of real swords.
09. George Raymond Richard Martin predicted that, according to the current pace of ‘House of the Dragon’ episodes, it will probably take another four full seasons, 10 episodes per season, to tell the story of ‘Dance of the dragons’ from beginning to end.
10. The actor Paddy Considine, who plays King Viserys Targaryen in ‘House of the Dragon’, was one of the first few confirmed starring roles.
Previously, Paddy has been a prime supporting actor, appearing in ‘The Bourne Ultimatum’ and ‘Blue Fury’.
11. George Raymond Richard Martin said of Paddy Considine as Viserys I, “He plays a king who is more powerful, more tragic, more fleshed out than this character I’ve written, and I can’t wait to go back and rewrite this ‘history I would love to go back and rewrite this ‘history. For this episode (episode 8), Paddy should win an Emmy Award, if he doesn’t win, there’s no reason”.
12. ‘House of the Dragon’, the Velaryon family characters are played by black actors, which had sparked controversy.
Steve Toussaint, the black actor who plays “The Sea Snake” Corlys Velaryon, said in an interview that such topics are as controversial as the presence of black actors in ancient dramas, and that many people base their view of history on those films made in the 1960s and 1970s. films made in the 1960s and 1970s, which are completely different from the truth. Black people didn’t just appear in the 1960s and 1970s, and black people have been rulers of nations throughout history, but for some reason people seem to have a hard time accepting that. They like to see dragons flying and people with silver hair and purple eyes, but a rich black man? That’s too much.
13. Olivia Cooke, who plays the adult Queen Alicent in the show, is the most famous of the leading ladies, having starred in ‘Ready Player One’, ‘Me and Earl and the Dying Girl’ and other productions.
14. Olivia Cooke first auditioned for the role of Princess Rhaenyra, but ended up getting the role of Queen Alicent, Rhaenyra’s best friend and rival.
15. The actor Matt Smith, who plays Daemon Targaryen in the show, is the most famous of several male leads.
He played the Eleventh Doctor in the British drama ‘Doctor Who’ and has also starred in ‘Morbius’ and ‘Last Night in Soho’.
16. The actress Emily Carey, who plays the teenage Queen Alicent in the show, played the 12-year-old Wonder Woman in the DC superhero movie ‘Wonder Woman’.
17. The actress Milly Alcock, who plays the teenage Princess Rhaenyra, was 21 years old when the show was filmed, but her character was only 14 years old.
George Raymond Richard Martin revealed ‘House of the Dragon’ spin-off series ‘Sea Snake’ is in development, the plot will focus on the young Corlys, with his great nine voyages experience as the main line.
Corlys Velaryon was an excellent sailor in his youth, sailing on the ‘Ice Wolf’ to the extreme north of Westeros, where he was blocked by huge icebergs and frozen continents, and then sailing on the ‘The Sea Snake’ to complete nine great voyages, which earned him the nickname His nickname “The Sea Snake” also came from this ship.
19. According to statistics, ‘House of the Dragon’ surpassed ‘Game of Thrones’ in Europe, Latin America, Southeast Asia and China, Hong Kong and Taiwan as the most streamed HBO original series outside of Northern America.
20. ‘House of the Dragon’ writer Ryan Condal confirmed that Season 2 will begin filming in early 2023. As to whether Season 2 will be broadcast next year is not yet confirmed.